UNABLE TO CONNECT TO RDP SERVER IN REMMINA

One of the tools I use on a daily basis to manage my Windows servers is Remmina, which is a multi-protocol remote desktop and ssh client. In general it works great, except there were a fewWindows 2008 R2 servers in my environment that would not let me connect with Remmina. When I tried to connect I would get an error saying:
Unable to Connect To RDP Server x.x.x.x


I finally figured out a fix. Here's what you do:

  • Right click on the problem server, and click Edit
  • Click on the Advanced tab


  • Under Security, change the drop down from Negotiate to TLS


  • Click Save
That's it, now you should be able to remote desktop into your Windows 2008 R2 servers in Remmina!

OTHER Answers



I too had the problem that I could connect to a Windows 7 machine and suddenly (after weeks) I got this error: Unable to connect to RDP server
In my case I deleted the entry from ~/.freerdp/known_hosts and it then worked fine.




Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Guía de herramientas básicas para estudiantes: 31 apps y webs imprescindibles para ayudarte con los estudios

Comando FOR para archivos BAT

How to Fix Failed to Connect a Hyper-V Standalone to Veeam Backup