How to remove node from Windows Server Failover Cluster

 Thank to: https://www.informaticar.net/

Prerequisites

All is referenced in “How to remove node from File Share Cluster (DFS) on Windows Server” so you can go to that article and articles I mentioned in that guide to see how the whole lab is set.

In short. I have three nodes – DFS1, DFS2 and DFS3.

I want to remove DFS1 from Failover Cluster.

How to remove node from failover cluster?

I will be doing this from DFS3. I will open Failover Cluster Manager and click on Nodes section. I will right click on DFS1 and select Stop Cluster Service from More Actions

Draining…

Down

Now, again right click on DFS1, More Actions, Evict

Warning will be displayed. Of course make sure your services will function after you evict the node, and make sure you have a backup. Yes

And just like that – we have two nodes left in cluster

I turned off DFS1 to make sure everything will function. I also tried to move roles from DFS2 to DFS3 and vice versa, everything works flawlessly.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Guía de herramientas básicas para estudiantes: 31 apps y webs imprescindibles para ayudarte con los estudios

Comando FOR para archivos BAT

Policy Based Routing example: route one subnet via ISP A and another via ISP B